Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition.
Which pathway is offered?
Business Management, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Service—This pathway prepares students to plan, organize, direct, and evaluate business functions essential to running a business and providing customer support. It also provides an effective foundation for productive citizenship for any career.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Small Business Owner
- Administrative Services Manager
- Business Operations Specialist
- Customer Service Representative
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Small Business Owner—salary varies
- Administrative Services Manager—$96,940/year
- Marketing Manager—$135,900/year
- Business Operations Specialist–$70,530 / Year
- Customer Service Representative—$34,710/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Monday, February 1, 2021.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Customer Service and Sales credential
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word
- Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint