Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Louisiana students in grades K-12 an innovative learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed--in school and beyond.
Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy is the premiere statewide K12 educational program in Louisiana, and here's why:
- Our highly qualified, Louisiana-certified teachers, who are available online and by phone
- The individualized K12 curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- Stride Career Prep, our career and technical education (CTE) program, allows students in grades 9–12 to take career-focused electives.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where LAVCA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more
- The high-quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student
Get Ahead with Stride Career Prep
Although the future can seem far off, students who begin preparing for careers in high school can gain significant advantages. Stride Career Prep is a great way to let students explore career fields to discover and pursue their interests. Whether they already know where they're headed, or are just beginning to find their path, this program can help get them where they want to go.