Title IX and Non-Discrimination Notice
Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy is committed to providing an environment that is free from all forms of sex discrimination, which includes gender-based discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual violence, as regulated by Title VII and Title IX, and to insuring the accessibility of appropriate grievance procedures for addressing all complaints regarding all forms of sex discrimination and sexual harassment. Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy reserves the authority to independently deal with sex discrimination and sexual harassment whenever becoming aware of their existence, regardless of whether a complaint has been lodged in accordance with the grievance procedure set forth below.
Information and Assistance
Definition of Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (for Students):
- Sex discrimination occurs when a person, because of his or her sex, is denied participation in or the benefits of any education program or activity that receives federal financial assistance.
- Sexual harassment is conduct that: 1) is sexual in nature; 2) is unwelcome; and 3) denies or limits a student’s ability to participate in or benefit from a school's educational program or activity. Sexual harassment can be verbal, nonverbal or physical.
Definition of Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (for Employees):
- Sex discrimination occurs when a person who is qualified for a position at issue is subjected to an adverse employment action because of his or her sex.
- Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when: 1) submission to such conduct is made a term or condition of employment; 2) submission to or rejection of the conduct is used as a basis for employment decisions affecting the individual; or 3) the conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with the employee's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Any individual, who believes he/she may have experienced any form of sex discrimination or sexual harassment, or who believes that he/she has observed such actions taking place, may receive information and assistance regarding the School’s policies and reporting procedures from any of the following:
- The CSAL School district, for questions pertaining to Title IX, contact the Human Resources Coordinator at 4962 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806 225/448-5399.
- The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Telephone: 800-421-3481 FAX: 202-453-6012; TDD: 800-877-8339 Email: OCR@ed.gov
Title IX Coordinator
K12 School Contact