How Online High School Works
Exceptional Courses, Entire Support Team, Individualized Program
K12's online school program provides Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy students with a high school experience like no other. With more than 130 online courses from which to choose, including three to four versions of core subjects, students will enjoy an individualized high school program tailored to their goals and abilities.
LAVCA high school students receive these many benefits, and more, including:
- Outstanding, individualized curriculum from K12, the leading online K-12 curriculum provider for the K-12 community and a CITA-accredited company
- Multiple curriculum options to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Diverse high school catalog with more than 130 courses, including up to four levels of courses in math, English, science, and history
- Individualized Learning Plan for each student to chart a course for success during and after high school
- The "xTeam" - teachers, advisors, counselors, coordinators, and other educational personnel - offering personalized, extensive support to students and families
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
- In-person teacher-led and school-sponsored events where students can network with their peers
Who is this intended for?
LAVCA's high school program serves students in grades 9-12 who reside within the state of Louisiana.
What are the costs?
Because we are part of the public school system, the LAVCA high school program will be tuition free. Each enrolled family will receive the K12 curriculum, as well as textbooks and instructional materials that are needed to complete the program.