About our school
At Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy (LAVCA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with LAVCA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages LAVCA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
LAVCA at a Glance
Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy (LAVCA) is available to Louisiana students in grades K–12 through an agreement between Stride, Inc. and Community School for Apprenticeship Learning Inc. (CSAL). Founded in 1997, CSAL is a not-for-profit with a mission to provide students with real-world experiences by giving them access to alternative forms of instruction. Since its inception, CSAL has operated a small middle school and high school centered on individualized attention, integrated project-based instruction, and motivating students to do their best. LAVCA is its third charter school.
At LAVCA, your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection.
Open to Louisiana residents in grades K–12
Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum
Stride Career Prep for grades 6–12
Enrichment programs and small group remediation
At Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy, we believe kindness is a key part of creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through:
You'll also receive textbooks and other hands-on education materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
Ready to Join Us?
Get the process started by creating a Parent Portal account or logging in to your existing account.